Are you eager to lead the development of next generation e-navigation services and fleet management solutions for the global vessel fleet?
NAVTOR is experiencing rapid growth in our product and service portfolio, and as such we are strengthening our software and systems development organisation. As Software development manager in NAVTOR you will be coordinating the company’s international development teams; ensuring efficient work processes, plan and assign development activity, resource allocation, progress monitoring and reporting. The role reports to the company’s Chief Technology Officer.
The NAVTOR systems play an important role in the global shipping industry processes, and as such have high quality and availability requirements. Together with the rest of the technology division, you will be part of ensuring that NAVTOR maintains its role as technology leader in e-navigation.
As a Software development manager in NAVTOR, you will be joining an international team of highly talented people with passionate interest in software design and systems operation.
- Build a high skilled, innovative and engaging software development culture
- Ensure best-practice development work procedures, methods and tooling resulting in high quality, secure, testable, maintainable and optimally documented code
- Facilitate optimal communication between management and development teams
- Coordinate software releases in accordance with project milestones and product roadmaps together with project managers and product owners
- Maintain staffing plans to ensure short and long term national and international resource requirements
- Passion for software development and development methodology
- Competent in, and curious about technology
- Capable of motivating and encouraging your multi-cultural global teams
- Experience with agile development methodology, continuous integration/delivery, automated test- and build-systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with software development
- Ideally have experience with Azure and/or maritime applications, but not required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor or Masters degree in relevant area or equivalent
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to make an impact on the maritime industry future
- A chance to join an engaging team of brilliant people with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- High level of autonomy and opportunity to have influence on decisions
- Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
- Competitive salary
- Pension and insurance arrangements
- Engaging working environment in modern office setting in Egersund Forum
For more information, please contact:
Vidar Fredriksen, Sternblick.
Tlf 913 10 683
Send CV and application, marked with «Software development manager» to
Vidar Fredriksen at email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: soonest
Workplace: Egersund, Norway